www.ranchotequila.net

A Tequila Blog by Drew "Pale Rider" Townson

"There's nothing better than good tequila, and there's nothing worse than bad tequila," Drew Townson

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Many Happy Tequilas!


Una Mas, Por Favor!

Well, this past weekend could not have been more filled with good agave if I’d had dreamed it. First, on Friday we attended a good friend’s wedding. Dave Fiorito and his lovely bride Laura are both tequila lovers and readers of this blog.
The bar at their awesome reception at The Endicott Estate in Dedham, MA was stocked with Cazadores Anejo. Now, I said in a previous blog that I had been disappointed with the Caza Repo the last couple time’s I’d tried it, having liked it a lot before. I also mentioned that I’d never tried the anejo because I would not pay that much money to be potentially unhappy with the juice. I know David read that blog, and whaddya know, there it was at his wedding! Caza Anejo! Coincidence? I think not! I loved it and will buy it again in the future. Best of the Cazadores line-up for sure.

I had brought the couple a bottle of Espolón Reposado as a gift there to the reception. Well, when the Caza ran out, guess what the bride did? Yup! She ordered, “Drew go get that bottle from the gift-table and we’re gonna open it and enjoy it right now!” And you can’t turn down the request of the bride, now, can you? We killed off the Espie in about 15 minutes. Oh yeah! Fun wedding!

Then, the next night, my band Twang ‘em High! played our favorite place, ChiliHead BBQ in West Bridgewater. As you know they have one of the best Tequila bars here in Mass. While we played, we enjoyed shots of Casa Noble Reposado and Corralejo Reposado. I was spreading the word over the microphone, and the bar sold a lot of tequila that night – way more than usual, thanks to my between-song tequila banter.

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment