www.ranchotequila.net

A Tequila Blog by Drew "Pale Rider" Townson

"There's nothing better than good tequila, and there's nothing worse than bad tequila," Drew Townson

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quick Espo Update (of post below).

Taking a closer look at the label of the Mexican Espolón, I found that it's a 38% alcohol bottle. Doh! That would explain ultra-unusual short, round bottle I found there in Cabo. I mean, even in Mexico, Espo has always been in a tall bottle. So the shorty is a 38% release, as opposed to the typical 40%. And of course, here I am comparing the new Espo -- a 40% -- to the Mexican 38%. No fucking wonder the new American release tastes hotter and harder, as I decribed. Woops! Well there you have it!

Verdict: The "NEW" Espolón is the SAME tequila as before, with new bottle, label and marketing.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment