www.ranchotequila.net

A Tequila Blog by Drew "Pale Rider" Townson

"There's nothing better than good tequila, and there's nothing worse than bad tequila," Drew Townson

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hat's Off to ChiliHead!

West Bridgewater BBQ Joint Smokes With Live Music and Good Tequila



I first walked in to Chilihead BBQ within day's of the restaurant's opening in 2004. Being a lover of good authentic Texas BBQ, the place caught my eye as I drove by one night. Luckily, the food did not disappoint! I quickly made friends with the owner, Paul Bello, and soon was playing live music in the corner of the little cafe.

A couple years later, Paul expanded ChiliHead, doubling the space, and got a full liquor license. His first bottles of tequila were, shall we say, lacking in quality 100% agave offerings. I uninvitedly gave him my totally not so humble opinion about how he should feature high-end tequila. I first suggested Herradura, El Tesoro, Don Julio and a couple others. Maybe Patron.

Long story short, Paul started on a tequila quest that continues to this day. ChiliHead has one of the best tequila bars in Massachusetts, currently stocking over 50 different bottles. He has even been to Mexico to tour the distilleries. In addition to great tequilas and margaritas, the restaurant offers great BBQ and great live music four nights a week.

As Paul likes to tell me and everyone else he talks to, his addiction to high-end tequila is "all MY fault!"

ChiliHead Music on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment