www.ranchotequila.net

A Tequila Blog by Drew "Pale Rider" Townson

"There's nothing better than good tequila, and there's nothing worse than bad tequila," Drew Townson

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Viva El Presidente


Commander in-Cheapo

My STANDARD Margarita is The Presidente. And, yes, I got the idea at Chili's restaurant many years ago. Then, on a dinner out to El Sarape (one of our fave Mex joints), I noticed they also had the Presidente on their 'rita menu, using Herradura silver. El Sarape's version is to die for!

The cocktail gets it's name from one of the ingredients - Presidente Mexican brandy. (Not good as a stand-alone brandy!).

The basic formula for a Presidente is:

One to two shots of Tequila (Chili's uses Sauza Conmemrativo, a decent mixto)I typically use Herradura silver, Corralejo reposado, of of late I use Centennario Tenampa Azul.

Presidente brandy - maximum half a shot

Orange Liquor (Chili's used to use Cointreau, now they use Patron Citronje. I use Gran Gala) - about a half shot

Margarita Mix or Sour Mix

A squeeze of fresh lime

When Bush was president I used to call my version The Texas Governor. People would ask, what's the difference between a Texas Governor and a Presidente, to which I would reply, NOTHING!


The Chief Hails my Margarita with a big thumb's up. Maybe I'll change the name to The Obamarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment